May 7, 2008

How I Learned To Drive notes 1

Hard to believe that it's not even been a month since we started rehearsing for How I Learned To Drive. To fill you in, it's an amazing Pulitzer Prize-winning script (wiki) by Paula Vogel, and The Oral Stage (go check out the spanking new website!) is producing it in early June at The Actors Studio, Bangsar Shopping Centre.We've been rehearsing like crazy, at multiple venues and I've been told that it's coming along really nicely. That's a welcome relief as it started as a rather daunting project - small company doing really big play kinda thing, but getting into it revealed that the play doesn't have to be all that big. However, the director being the director, he has come up with an ambition plan for the set and the stage which, if we pull it off, will be mind-blowingly amazing.

I'd been involved with the production from early stages, running the auditions for TOS. Of course, it was weird when the director told me to audition at the end of the day - but I must admit that I was flattered when he insisted I play the part. We then worked together to assemble the team and I sincerely hope that the next month will see us getting beautifully aligned and working the play so artfully that the show will be a huge WOW!

Yeah I'm kinda excited about it. The script is fabulous, I rave about it about every twice a week. We've got some really good stuff in there, good talents, good people and good ideas.

COME WATCH IT NEXT MONTH!!!

(extracted from my blog here) (well Mr Director, I'm just being conscientious about this extracting and plagiarism thing you know...)

No comments: