June 10, 2008

oopsie

my little moments

1. my first experience with creating thespian spit. watching dem lil missiles launching from my mouth in slow motion was pretty ew. is that why they call it 'projecting'?

2. almost knocking down the wooden stool i was meant to sit back down on after a section of 'Mother's Guide To Social Drinking' monologue. i got a hold of it *just* in the nick of time as it was sent crashing to the floor. Yes, all that practice with flies and chopsticks has finally gone to constructive use.

3. the tableau - maintaining the crouch while the audience streams in for the start of Act 2. it only got really bad when we had that 100-strong audience who took their time resuming their seats. apart from that, it was pretty alright. i discovered that keeping myself occupied with thoughts of doing 'nasty! vulgar! primitive! hot!' things to Amelia helps a lot.

4. during the 'Photoshoot', whilst indulging in one of my stylo-mylo poses, i contracted a severe cramp in my right butt cheek. keeping it there til the next 'click', in that moment i believed that mercy no longer existed. Note to self: never attempt to hyperextend your limbs in an excessively air-conditioned environment.

5. as Aunt Mary, for the line, "My poor sister. She sits every Christmas when i come home to dinner with a new stole or diamonds or tickets to Mauritius". I mixed it up once and it came out as "My poor sister. She comes home every Christmas to dinner... and i JUST SIT THERE with a new stole or diamonds or tickets to Mauritius". Whoa, like, since when was Mary such a stuck-up bitch, right? I don't think anyone from the audience had sympathy for her that night. Also, there was time where i barely cut myself short of saying 'the maldives', it came out as 'tickets to The Mauritius'. The Mauritius what?

bleh.

1 comment:

Penguin said...

Lol...that's interesting little moments you have there. I think you did very well in the play...look forward to work with you soon...cheers